It is our mission in the Technology Department to provide excellent support and leadership in the area of technology to the students, staff, and community of Thornapple Kellogg Schools. We truly believe that a balanced curriculum including technology rich components will provide a valuable and robust education for our students.
I've been in the Technology Department since I was a High School student (September 2000). I've grown through the ranks and now serve as the Technology Co-Director with Angie Ruger. I also provide the primary network and systems administration services for the district.
- B.S. in Management Information Systems from Ferris State University (2008)
- Completed Coursework for Philosophy Major from Grand Valley State University (2011)
- Ph.D in Philosophy from Michigan State University (Expected 2018)
- I have two kids ages 6 and 9. Entertaining and educating them takes up a lot of my time.
- I'm working on a Ph.D, which takes up the rest of my free time! I'm interested in the philosophy of perception and phenomenology. A long term project of mine is to see what contribution Kant can provide to contemporary discussions in the philosophy of perception. I also study a lot of social and political philosophy, since that is the focus of the MSU Philosophy Department.
- I enjoying reading fantasy novels and do that when I have a few minutes of down time. Some books that I've recently finished are: "The KingKiller Chronicles", "The First Law Trilogy", "Redwall", "The Riyira Revelations", "Troy" by David Gemmell.