Educational Beliefs of
Thornapple Kellogg Schools and Community
- We believe that all students are learners.
- We believe that our first priority is satisfying students’ educational needs while nurturing moral character.
- We believe that each child is unique and learns in different ways and requires varying amounts of time and support.
- We believe that in order to be effective, the curriculum must be aligned Pre-K through 12.
- We believe that our instruction must be based in research and on best knowledge.
- We believe that a risk-free environment must be provided for students and staff.
- We believe that increased performance results from high expectations of students, staff, parents, and community.
- We believe that in order for excellence in education to occur, there must be ongoing involvement and dialogue among students, staff, parents, and community.