Try Michigan grown Rainbow Carrots in April in any of our buildings! We will be serving them April 12th and 20th in the Elementary buildings, and April 13th and 18th in the Secondary buildings!
Rainbow carrots are very beautiful to look at, but they also have some amazing health benefits. Take a look at 5 surprising health benefits of rainbow carrots:
- Orange carrots contain beta and alpha carotene pigment. This promotes vitamin A production by the body, which is essential for healthy eyes.
- Yellow carrots contain xanthophykks and lutein. Xanthophylls is a plant based nutrient that has numerous health benefits in humans. One of the important health benefits is that it keep your reproductive system strong.
- Red carrots are rich in lycopene, which is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world. The antioxidant power of lycopene fights against toxins, helps prevent cancer, helps to alleviate neuropathic pain, is good for your brain, and helps to improve heart health.
- Purple carrots are rich in anthocyanins, the antioxidant compounds that give blueberries their distinctive color and superfood health benefits. Studies have found that these blue and purple pigments in purple carrots can improve memory, enhance vision, protect against heart attacks, act as anti-inflammatories, and even help control weight.
- All carrots are a rich source of vitamin C, which stimulates the activity of white blood cells and is one of the most important elements in the human immune system.