THORNAPPLE KELLOGG SCHOOLS
2018-2019 Schools of Choice
2018-2019 Kent County and 105c Schools of Choice applications will be available April 9 - May 11, 2018.
Thornapple Kellogg participates in both the Kent Intermediate School District Schools of Choice and the 105c Schools of Choice plans. All students residing within the Kent Intermediate School District may apply for enrollment in any Kent ISD school that has available openings during the advertised time frame. Students who reside in a district that is within a different ISD which borders the Kent ISD, may apply under the 105c plan. Available grade level openings will be published March 16, 2018, on this site.
Considerations for Families Considering Schools of Choice
- Transportation is not provided for Schools of Choice students, parent or student must provide their own transportation.
- The Michigan High School Athletic Association requires students in grades 10-12 to wait one semester after enrolling in a new district under Schools of Choice before participating in athletics.
- Michigan law and KISD Superintendents' Association agree that siblings should be kept together in a single district whenever possible. As a result, siblings of current Choice students may receive preference in filling district openings.
- Special Education students wishing to enroll under Section 105c for whom a cooperative agreement regarding costs cannot be obtained with their district of residence will be refused Schools of Choice.
- Enrollment may also be denied to students who have been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a felony.
- Accepted students must agree to comply with Choice district's policies.
2018 - 2019 Schools of Choice Timelines and Applications
Applications will be available on April 9, 2018. Applications are not considered on a first come, first served basis. If we receive more applications than we have grade-level openings, a blind draw will be required. You may either come into our office at 10051 Green Lake Rd., Middleville, to complete an application or download a copy and bring it to our office no later than 4:00 pm on May 11, 2018.
Students residing in a district within the Kent ISD may apply for Schools of Choice April 9 - May 11, 2018. Parents will be notified by May 21 if the student is accepted and must confirm acceptance no later than May 30. Waitlist families will be notified about openings and must confirm their decision to attend by June 29, 2018.
Kent County SOC applications only:
Kent County SOC Application English Version
Kent County SOC Application Spanish Version
Kent County Collaborative Schools of Choice Program Brochure
Students residing in contiguous intermediate school districts bordering the Kent ISD such as Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Ottawa (districts such as Hastings, Delton, Wayland, Lakewood, Martin), may apply through Schools of Choice 105c April - May 11, 2018. Parents will be notified by May 21 if the student is accepted and must confirm acceptance no later than May 30. Waitlist families will be notified about openings and must confirm their decision to attend by June 29, 2018.
105c SOC applications only:
105c Application English Version
105c Application Spanish Version
If you have additional questions, please call Heidi VanAman at 269-795-5522.