All-in-all, Thornapple Kellogg OM teams fared very well in the extremely competitive state finals Saturday hosted at TK. Eight teams from TK advanced to the state rounds and seven of the teams earned a sixth place or higher.
Teams advancing to the state include the first-place team from the high school made up of Anna Miller, Clair Jansma, Grace Densham, Emma Chapman, Wyatt Crampton, Zane Walters, and Jake Maring. They are coached by Barb Maring and Mary Chapman.
Another high school team earned a second-place rating and will also advance to the World Finals. Members of the team are Ellie Essenberg, Aubrey Evans, Kelly Gasser, Kyra Shepard, Brendon Carlson, Michael Brown and Christel Hoskins. The team is coached by Rebecca Hoskins and Michelle Essenberg.
One middle school team also advanced to the World finals. The team members are Mallory Hagemann, Billie DeWent, Shelby Robinett, Kaden Hamming, Whitney Ruger, Cash Rabley, and Marion Gielincki. Coaches for this team are Melinda Robinett and Reagan Gielincki.
The World finals will be held at Iowa State University May 23-26.
Other TK teams and their results are:
- Page Elementary team coached by Jessica Crampton placed sixth. Team members are Avery Hagemann, Charlotte Crampton, Gracen Rabley, Ella Fischer, Grace Draaisma, Jenna Robinett, and Elise DeBoer.
- Page Elementary Team coached by Kimberly Sager and Shannon Szukala did not place at the state finals. They did an excellent job in a very tough division with 11 competing teams. Team members are Treyson Rounds, Michael Sager-Wissner, Evan Chinavare, Alex Szukala, Lukas Walters, Oliver Lietz, and Erik Cove
- Middle School team coached by Sue Morton and Tracy Blakeman finished in fourth place. Team members are Natalie Alden, Sierra Morton, Rachel Shoemaker, Lee Marentette, Abby Luepnitz, Cate Densham, Kate Baldry.
- Middle School team coached by Michelle Essenberg and Kristy Deboer placed fifth. Team members are Joselyn DeBoer, Tyne Bufka, Kate Powers, Charlotte Nelson, Evinne Reed, Cecelia Essenberg, and Emilia Rickert.
- Middle School team coached by Emily and Todd Lambert placed sixth. Team members are Emma Reiffer, Mallory Syren, Margaret Richards, Aleese Lambert, Cole Boysen, Keely Lambert, and Graysen Stahle.