A grant from the Thornapple Area Enrichment Foundation will help with the cost of students attending the state competition.
Students placing in first through fifth places at the regional contest are eligible to advance to the state finals. TK students advancing are as follows:
- Advanced Spreadsheet Apps - Gavin Denman - 1st
- Presentation Mgt. Individual - Holly Bashore - 1st
- Human Resources Mgt. - Holly Bashore - 2nd
- Fundamental Accounting - Dawson Hamming - 2nd; McKenna Nichols - 3rd; Claire Middleton - 5th
- Digital Media Production - Grace Densham - 2nd
- Graphic Design Promotion - Grace Densham - 2nd
- Extemporaneous Speech - Caedon Zube - 2nd; Emma Fabiano - 4th
- Database Applications - Dawson Hamming - 3rd
- Business Law & Ethics - McKenna Nichols - 3rd
Others competing and attending for TK were Daisy Nowinsky, Sam Morton, Isabelle Rakowski and Michael Willshire.
Business Professionals of America (BPA) is a national career-tech student extracurricular program giving students opportunities for personal growth, leadership development and educational advancement in business-related fields The organization is especially attractive to students considering careers in business, information technology, finance, office administration, or other related areas.
With 4,500 members in 1,800 chapters across the nation, BPA offers exceptional student networking at regional, state and national competitions. Our local TKHS chapter allows students to explore career options, practice and develop their business skills and compete for recognition and scholarships.