Adverse weather conditions and other emergency situations may make it necessary
to cancel school, delay the beginning of school, or send students home early.
Our Transportation Department is out early in the morning to check road conditions.
They are in contact with neighboring school districts and the superintendent.
The final decision is made by the superintendent.
Whenever it is necessary to delay or close school, notice will be communicated through
TV channels 3, 8, 13, 17 and 41, radio stations WOOD and WBCH, and the district website.
You may also receive text or email alerts from local TV stations by registering at any one of these links: WOOD-8, WWMT-3, WZZM-13, or FOX 17.
In the event of a two hour delay:
- There will be no a.m. preschool or a.m. ECSE.
- Transportation will pick up students two hours later than normal.
- All classes will start two hours later than normal. No morning breakfast will be served.
In the event of school closings:
- A decision will be made early in the afternoon regarding contests, evening programs and practices.
- The public library and pool is closed during school delays and closings.
Travel on Paved Roads Only
- In the event that weather conditions prohibit transportion on gravel roads, please meet your bus at the nearest paved road intersection.
- All students will be kept at school if the watch is issued during the school day. Students will be dismissed at the regular time on regular bus routes.
- All after school activities will be moved inside or cancelled if deemed necessary by the superintendent. Should the watch expire before the event is scheduled, it may be held.
- Students will be instructed to take shelter within the building until the ALL CLEAR is signaled.
- All after school activities will be cancelled.