Educational Beliefs of the Thornapple Kellogg School and Community
· We believe that our first priority is satisfying students' educational needs, while nurturing moral character.
· We believe that each child is unique and learns in different ways and requires varying amounts of time and support.
· We believe that in order to be effective, the curriculum must be aligned pre-K through 12th grade.
· We believe that our instruction must be based on research and on best knowledge.
· We believe that a risk free environment must be provided for students and staff.
· We believe that increased performance results from high expectations of students, staff, parents, and community.
· We believe that in order for excellence in education to occur, there must be ongoing involvement and dialogue among students,
staff, parents, and community.